Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mexico oh oh


Bubble gum tree trunks in Morelia & cactus hands saluting from the cliffs of Playa de Los Muertos, morning mud packs for your toes & evening rainbows after the monsoonal showers, beaches with more bird prints then human feet & wind swept rocks... mariachi serenaders & lycra clad luchadores, kids napping on their parents shoulders & gypsy girls ready to attack with heart shaped stickers... hand painted tiles & streets lined with colourful houses & doorways, elaborately decorated ceramics & skeletal tin toy puppets, embroidered necklines & cross stitched shawls, illustrated offerings to the virgin mary & playful piƱatas waiting to be smashed open...























My friend Angie and I used to play a game where we would blink for a moment and our eyes would commit an image to memory when you wished you had a camera to hand. Like when I saw the silver tashed cowboy in Tonala, Guadalajara, with his buttoned up denim shirt tucked neatly into his big buckled belt, all machismo except for a little rainbow neatly embroidered on his pocket. Found myself doing that alot on our travels... but here are some that I did capture...
some random snap shots of Mexico.

The rest I hope to keep for me.
Big thanks to Mister Oh for taking me there...
hope to go back someday
x

1 comment: